Choose a Real Estate Agent
Your first step is to research candidates and conduct interviews with potential agents. You will want to find an agent that fits your personality and communication style, as well as an agent who is familiar with the area in which you’d like to buy. A full-time agent who actively helps people buy and sell will be the most up-to-date with current negotiation strategies and potential neighborhood quirks. A great agent will help you navigate all the steps in the home buying process, including getting pre-approved for a loan if needed, showing you properties, negotiating and reviewing the contract, and successfully getting you to the closing table.
Find a list of our agents here to select your own Realtor® .
Some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for recent client testimonials, a list of properties they have sold, and/or a list of references.